Mentor+ focuses on designing an intervention of non-formal education, offering the mentoring methodology to engage, connect and empower young people in conflict with the law.
The main goal of the project is to upscale already existing mentoring programmes and develop a Mentoring Programme targeting juvenile offenders, through the use of digital means. Mentor+ is also focused on digitalisation.
- Develop a European mentoring programme for juvenile in conflict with the law to avoid their institutionalization, by creating communities’ ties and social capital and reintegrate them into society and have a life without crime, by offering them the opportunity to contact with a role model (mentor).
- Develop a set of new tools that provide support to the mentors and to the mentoring relationships in real time.
- Design & pilot a mentoring programme for justice-involved youth in order to avoid their incarceration/ institutionalization.
- Create a Handbook for the mentors to support them in mentoring justice-involved Youth
- Create and pilot a mobile application to support mentors and mentees in real time
- Support more than 60 juveniles at risk of deviant behaviour/ in conflict with the law to reintegrate into society and have a life without crime, by offering them the opportunity to contact with a role model (peer mentor)
- Create opportunities for transnational cooperation and exchange of practices between professionals and volunteers working in the juvenile justice system.
- Establish a community of practices within the partnership and beyond it to support the project implementation, strategic evaluation, and dissemination.